Postmark is an email delivery service that helps businesses send transactional and marketing emails in a reliable manner. Some common competitors of Postmark include SendGrid, Mailgun, and Mailjet.
1. Click the Users tab to navigate to the Users page. There you can choose to Invite Users.
2. Enter in the email address for the new user you want to invite. If you choose to add multiple users at once, they will all have the same role. So, if you want them to have different roles, invite the users individually.
2.1 To make the new user(s) an Account Admin, check the Account Admin field. You may also adjust the user's access to your server if you are not granting Admin access.
2.2 If you do not want this user to have general Admin access but still want them to be able to manage and modify your Server, don't check the Account Admin section and click the dropdown arrow next to the Server name you want the user to have access to. Select the proper Server access type you want to grant this user, whether it is Full Access, View Only, or No Access.
3. Click Send Invites once you have picked out the proper permissions. The new user will automatically receive an invitation to complete their account information to then log in.
1. Your Users page will show you a list of all Users that have access toy our account. You can see their permissions as well as edit their permissions.
2. To edit an existing user on your account, click on their row in the Users table to view their permissions.
3. From the user’s profile, you can modify their permissions, including removing Account Admin access. If you remove Account Admin access, you can then provide specific Server-level permissions.
4. You can also remove a user by clicking the red Delete User button at the bottom of their profile.
It's one thing to know how to add a user to Postmark, but that is worthless if you don't know when you should do it. Let's break down the relevance of this question based on two high level categories. We'll walk through an explanation as well as provide a score, 1-10, that shows you how relevant this question is whether you do or don’t have a product.
The first scenario we will walk through will be if you do not have a product yet. Whether it is a website or a mobile app, you are still in the ideation or planning phase and have not yet built anything. Maybe you have started development but just aren’t finished with your first version. Whichever it is, we'll get into why this question is or isn’t relevant and why you should or shouldn't care about it if you do not have a product.
Knowing how to add a user to Postmark isn't too relevant if you don't have a product. For now, you have plenty of other stuff to worry about!
The second category is if you do have a live product. Maybe you just launched your business or maybe it's been live for years and you're continuing to improve its quality and release new features. Regardless of the scenario, if your product is live, this question carries a different weight of relevance.
The only relevance that this holds if you do have a product is if you are using Postmark. There are tons of services out there, so it is likely that you are using a different service too. Nonetheless, if you have a product and are using an email sender tool, then you should know how to add or remove permissions from users within your account.
Luckily, all you need is your Postmark account. You're good to go!