How do I add a user to Google Search Console?
Google Search Console is a tool that helps you analyze your website's search traffic and performance. You can submit up to 1,000 URLs to your Google Search Console.
Adding users and team members to your account can be a bit confusing, especially if you aren't familiar with Google Search Console. Follow these steps below to get the job done!
Step by Step: Add a User or Team Member to Google Search Console
- Be sure that you are the owner of the property and log into the Search Console.
- Decide whether the Team Member is an Owner, a User, or an Associate.
- Navigate to Settings and click on Users and Permissions.
- Add the team member’s email and assign them a role.
Congrats, you've done it!
It's one thing to know how to add a user to Google Search Console, but that is worthless if you don't know when you should do it. Let's break down the relevance of this question based on two high level categories. We'll walk through an explanation as well as provide a score, 1-10, that shows you how relevant this question is whether you do or don’t have a product.
The first scenario we will walk through will be if you do not have a product yet. Whether it is a website or a mobile app, you are still in the ideation or planning phase and have not yet built anything. Maybe you have started development but just aren’t finished with your first version. Whichever it is, we'll get into why this question is or isn’t relevant and why you should or shouldn't care about it if you do not have a product.
No need to worry about how to do this if you don't even have a product live. Come on back later!
Live Product: 7/10
The second category is if you do have a live product. Maybe you just launched your business or maybe it's been live for years and you're continuing to improve its quality and release new features. Regardless of the scenario, if your product is live, this question carries a different weight of relevance.
If your product is live, you likely will want to add your team members to Google Search Console so everyone can be part of your site analytics.
It's your lucky day! All you need is a website and a google account.
- Google Search Console will help you and your team assess your SEO health and improve your website's performance.
- If you don't have a website, there is no need to have an account.
- If you do have a website, you should add all of your team members to your Google Search Console.