How do I add a team member to Google reCAPTCHA?
Google reCAPTCHA is a software service that uses authentication methods to prevent malicious bots and malware from engaging in abusive activity. Google reCAPTCHA has been implemented on and protecting over 5 million sites around the world.
Here is a step by step guide, made to help you navigate adding a team member to Google reCAPTCHA!
Step by Step: Add a User or Team Member to Google reCAPTCHA
- Log into your reCAPTCHA account. You will need to set up an account and have your website domain before you can log in.
- Click on the blue Admin console on the top right side of the page.
- Select the domain you want to add your teammate to and click the Enter email addresses field under the Owners field.
- Add your teammate’s email address and accept the reCAPTCHA terms of service.
- Select if you want to alert the owners, then click Submit.
You've done it!
It's one thing to know how to add a team member to Google reCAPTCHA, but that is worthless if you don't know when you should do it. Let's break down the relevance of this question based on two high level categories. We'll walk through an explanation as well as provide a score, 1-10, that shows you how relevant this question is whether you do or don’t have a product.
The first scenario we will walk through will be if you do not have a product yet. Whether it is a website or a mobile app, you are still in the ideation or planning phase and have not yet built anything. Maybe you have started development but just aren’t finished with your first version. Whichever it is, we'll get into why this question is or isn’t relevant and why you should or shouldn't care about it if you do not have a product.
If you don't have a product yet, then there is no need to verify that users are humans and not bots. So, for now, continue on with your day!
Live Product: 6/10
The second category is if you do have a live product. Maybe you just launched your business or maybe it's been live for years and you're continuing to improve its quality and release new features. Regardless of the scenario, if your product is live, this question carries a different weight of relevance.
If you have a live product, you commonly will want to add some form of verification to ensure that all of your users are humans and not bots. You typically add reCAPTCHA to form submissions, to ensure you don't get spammed, so before you go live, consider adding your developers to an account to help protect your time.
It's your lucky day, you only need a reCAPTCHA account!
- reCAPTCHA is a common tool used to help protect your site from malicious activity.
- If you don't have a website, you don't need to worry about adding team members to your account.
- If you do have a website, you should make sure your developers are added to your team.