How do I add a team member to Plaid?
Plaid is a fintech B2B SaaS company that gives companies an easy path to letting their users connect their bank account to their payment profile. Plaid supports over 2000 financial institutions and is leveraged by over 6,000 companies around the world.
Here is a step by step guide, made to help you navigate adding a team member to Plaid!
Step by Step: How to Add a User or Team Member to Plaid
- Log into your Plaid Dashboard and click the Team name drop-down in the top left of the Plaid Dashboard.
- Click Create new team or select the existing team you want to add your team member to from the drop-down menu. If you created a new team, submit the team name and the team’s purpose.
- Navigate to the Teams menu at the top right of your Plaid Dashboard and Click the Teams Settings drop down.
- Add your team member and set permissions.
- Click Submit/Save.
Congrats, you'e done it!
It's one thing to know what how to add a team member to Plaid, but that is worthless if you don't know when you should do it. Let's break down the relevance of this question based on two high level categories. We'll walk through an explanation as well as provide a score, 1-10, that shows you how relevant this question is whether you do or don’t have a product.
The first scenario we will walk through will be if you do not have a product yet. Whether it is a website or a mobile app, you are still in the ideation or planning phase and have not yet built anything. Maybe you have started development but just aren’t finished with your first version. Whichever it is, we'll get into why this question is or isn’t relevant and why you should or shouldn't care about it if you do not have a product.
This has no relevance to you if you don't have a product yet. Continue on your way!
Live Product: 5/10
The second category is if you do have a live product. Maybe you just launched your business or maybe it's been live for years and you're continuing to improve its quality and release new features. Regardless of the scenario, if your product is live, this question carries a different weight of relevance.
This only has relevance to you if you are using Plaid for your product. If you are, then read up! If you do not need any bank connections or transfers as part of your business, then you likely won't need Plaid and this own't be relevant to you.
It's your lucky day, all you need is Plaid!
- Plaid is a commonly used banking solution that lets your users easily connect their bank account to their payment profile.
- If you don't have a product, you don't need to worry about this process.
- If you do have a product, this may be relevant if you want to let users easily connect their bank account and need your developers to get into your Plaid account.